Creating your own spell candle is a beautiful way to connect with your magic and call something into your life! Easy to make at home and highly customizable, spell candles are a portal to the divine.
Here's everything you need to make your own spell candles and make magic in your life! You don't need to be a witch to practice this ritual act or creating your own spell candle. All you need is an open heart and a clear intention ... and this stuff:
What you will need:
- candle wax (from old candles or beeswax blocks or sheets)
- hemp wick, or something you can use for a candle wick
- OR purchase a spell candle from a metaphysical shop
- Glass mason jar
- Herbs of your choice
- crystals of your choice
- essentials oils of your choice
How to make your DIY spell candle:
- First, decide what herbs, oils and stones you want to use for your candle. Consider what your intention is for your spell candle. Is it for healing, or self-love? Gather the necessary herbs, oils, and crystals that align with your intention.
- Once you have all of your candle ingredients, cleanse yourself and your candle making space with your favorite dried herb or incense.
- Prepare your mason jar by smoke cleansing it and sprinkling some salt on the bottom of it.
- Melt down the candle wax in a double boiler.
- Place your wick at the bottom of your jar, and pour the wax into the jar leaving enough room at the top for your herbs and crystals.
- Press your herbs and crystals into the hot wax before it dries while speaking your intention out loud.
- One you’ve finished decorating your spell candle, anoint it with your essential oils, and keep it on your altar for three days to charge.
- Spend time with it. Speak your intention into it, and allow it’s magic to flow freely through you.
Burning Your Candle:
When you’re ready with your intention, it’s time to burn your candle and cast your spell!
- In the jar or a fire-safe plate, light your candle as you hold your intention in your mind.
- Allow your candle to burn down completely. Do not blow it out. If you need to leave the house, you can snuff out the candle with your fingers or a fire-proof snuffer.
- When your candle is fully burnt down, say “and so it is , and so it shall be”
Expect your spell to manifest and open your heart to all the different ways it can come to fruition.Want to make more practical magic in your life? Check out the Saged Starter Tools to get your crystal ball rolling!